Planning & Zoning

If an individual is interested in moving a mobile home/manufactured home into the city limits of Hamburg, a request must be submitted in writing and certain criteria must be met. 

  • The mobile home shall be owned by the occupant and taxed as real property when placed on the owner’s property
  •  Proof of ownership must be provided
  •  The mobile home will be the principal structure on the lot
  •  The mobile home shall have a minimum of 500 square feet of living space
  •  The mobile home must have been built after 1984
  •  The mobile home must have a Good Housekeeping Warranty Seal
  •  The mobile home must be hooked to sewer system
  •  Roof shall be sloped
  • The mobile home shall be set up and anchored in accordance with regulations set forth by the Arkansas Manufactured Home Commission
  • The mobile home shall have continuous under pinning with a material approved by the City
  • A $100.00 publication fee must be paid to the City of Hamburg for advertisement in the Ashley County Ledger
  • The proposed manufactured home request must go before the City Planning Committee for final approval

Contact Info

Jimmy Hargis
Code Enforcement Officer